Friday, March 28, 2008

When I finally got over my fear of love after 2 years I met this boy who I was completely fond of. He was everything I wanted in a boy. Close. When I imagined my ideal qualities and characteristics, out of all my past boyfriends, he would be the closest match. He was sexy and reserved, making you think he was super cool and leaving you wanting more. He was experienced and flirtatious, he knew exactly what to do or what to say that would make a girl melt. He was good-looking and impeccable sense of style, which made thinking about him pleasant because of the nice vision would always appear in your mind. He has sexy hair, what more can you say about that? I'm just a sucker for sexy hair. I like the semi-long, styled yet soft appearance of it. This was all a recipe to making him unforgettable, a courtship that began the moment he was born when he inherited his genetic pool. He covered all grounds basically, I think the only deparment he lacked in was height. Height had always been a turn-on for me, but he was only an inch taller than me - which is pretty short for a guy since I'm a petite person myself.

I won't go into the details of our courtship, all I will say is that is was fast-paced and brief, although sweet. Similarly, the relationship itself ended just as quickly as it had started. In the end he left me for a girl he previously had a thing for. He, however is insignificant, it was the effect he had on me that altered my life completely. For what was about to come, caught me completely off-guard.

It should be noted that the boy was two grades below me, although we were the same age. This strained our relationship itself because he would feel inferior, scarring his ego and I would act with an air or superiority aware of his lack of maturity - clearly our levels of maturity was miles apart. Which just shows that it is not your age that brings maturity, but the people you associate yourself with.

Anyways, being dumped by a boy 2 grades lower than me, and losing out to a girl 2 years younger did a really good job of hurting my ego. Aside from embarrassment though, I did genuinely feel a loss when he left. He had been so close to my vision of my ideal guy, and I had him and it was heavenly and then he just slipped away, right from underneath me. It was so frustrating, I felt a terrible loss. It didn't help that he had looks that made me melt. If the previous boy took so long to get over, I thought this would take forever. I was at such a low point in my pride. It was crushed. My self-esteem sunk so low, 10 feet under the ground. It was a time where I felt I wasn't pretty enough, I wasn't smart enough, I was too boring, I wasn't fun enough. If I had been more of all this, he wouldn't have left me. Of course all this wasn't true, but it was how I felt at the time. I was at a scarily vulnerable state, and any slightest compliment would mean so much more to me that it usually would.

One day an old friend left a comment on my facebook page "Ida Lawa". Scarily, it made me feel like the most beautiful person on Earth! It lifted my self-esteem up so high, I genuinely felt that I was pretty once more. With my esteem reesatablished, I felt a deep sense of gratitude towards this charming boy who had posted the comment. Its amazing what big of an impact the simplest words can make. Makes you really realise what big of an effect the little every-day things you do could have on people. And with that, I grew a sudden interest in this boy and suggested to him that we should meet up, for old times sake. At the time, it was purely a friendly interest.

That boy is now my boyfriend. And the best one yet. I love him very much, and its amazing what treasures fall into your lap when you're not looking. Because I wasn't. Honestly. I wasn't at all. And that is how my current boyfriend came to be. I shall not start on my stories with him, for we've had countless and each little memory means so much to me. Perhaps in the future I will recite them for you, but for now I just wanted to leave a memoir of a girl I once knew.


End of chapter 3.

2 comments:

Akerzz said...

i went out with a woman 5 years older than me, it was weird, nuff' said...haha but maturity wasnt an issue tho, cos once you hit 20, everyone seems to be on an even playing field

Just A Girl said...

yeah well he was in the 10th grade & i was in the 12th grade... so when ur tht age.. its wayy diff lol